POSITION: Project Engineer – Bridge Design
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: September 2019
Waggoner Engineering is a civil engineering firm with a passion for helping communities realize their potential. We have expanded throughout the Mid-South and are recognized today for our innovative, multi-disciplinary services.
The selected candidate will provide quality planning, design, and technical assistance to the Discipline Manager and other members of the design team in delivering projects within budgetary and time constraints.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs engineering analysis and design for bridges and related structures, including new construction and rehabilitation.
- Conducts assessment and evaluation of existing bridge structural conditions and develops recommended remedial measures.
- Prepares construction plans, specifications, and contract documents for contracting and bidding of construction projects.
- Performs construction phase engineering, including periodic on-site reviews, in collaboration with the Construction Services team.
- Maintains and documents written and verbal communications with clients throughout the development and completion of a project.
- Conducts project status review with the project manager and team members, checking the accuracy of work completed, and monitors timeliness of project completion.
- Attends meetings on project management.
- Assists Project Managers with administrative duties concerning the completion of assigned projects, including review of schedules, scopes, and budgets.
- Assists Project Manager in preparation of engineering studies and reports.
- Provides technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Prepares project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, and tools.
- Assists in the preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
- Assists Project Manager in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
- Maintains responsibility for the accuracy of each segment of the work and the final check of the work.
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to applicable codes.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
Five to six years of related experience, three-four years project related experience and knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations required. One to two years of coordination/supervisory experience preferred.
License as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Mississippi required. Licensure as a PE or ability to obtain such within six months in contiguous states is desired. Certifications applicable to civil engineering, structural and bridge design and inspection desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proficient in design using Bentley LEAP or other DOT approved software. AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation experience software are preferred. Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required. Knowledge of design, on-line reports, and databases preferred. Knowledge and ability to use (or learn) Deltek Financial and Project Management system is required. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn