POSITION: Water Resources Engineer/Scientist/Watershed Planner
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: April 2019
Come join our highly skilled and diverse staff of engineering, program management, planning, economic development, and policy professionals, all committed to delivering engineering excellence and creative solutions to every project across the major disciplines.
Founded in 1976, Waggoner has become more than an engineering firm. Our solutions are developed through a culture of integrity, service, and creativity for the benefit of our clients.
The selected candidate will effectively assist the Watershed Planning and Coastal Restoration Discipline Manager/Client Account Manager with all phases of project delivery including the development and implementation of innovative engineering and science-based administrative, managerial, and technical services designed to exceed our client’s expectations. Additionally, assists in the facilitation and continued growth of the discipline.
- Assist in the development of technical scope of work, budget, and schedule associated with the projects in this discipline.
- Assist in the development of watershed-based protection and restoration plans to characterize, quantify, prioritize, and implement water resource projects.
- Assist in performing hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality modeling.
- Assist in development of strategies for watershed operations to meet water resource goals and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct site assessments to ascertain drainage/dredging and/or environmental damage and restoration needs.
- Maintain and document communication with clients through letters and telephone throughout the development and implementation of a project.
- Monitor team member’s progress and advises team members of schedules and deadlines.
- Review schedules and budgets relative to project progress and completion.
- Conduct project status review checking accuracy of work completed and monitors timeliness of project completion.
- Attend meetings on project management.
- Assist with any administrative duties concerning completion of assigned project.
- Maintain project file.
- Assist in preparation of studies and reports.
- Provide technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Provide project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, ArcGIS information management, and Auto CADD.
- Assist in preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
- Assist in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
- Assist in preparation of project drawings.
- Perform necessary code research.
- Responsible for the accuracy of each segment of the work and the final check of the work.
- Responsible for adherence to all applicable codes.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to project team members.
- Handle client technical questions and complaints politely and efficiently and maintain pleasant and professional image.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in water resources or civil/environmental engineering, watershed planning, environmental science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional water resources engineering related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in stormwater management, watershed-based planning, coastal restoration, modeling analysis and design; stormwater BMPs design, including green infrastructure and LID; stream and wetland restoration; and hydrological and hydraulic analysis including channel design, floodplain analysis, and scour analysis.
- Experience in hydraulic, hydrologic and water quality modeling; training and experience in geomorphology/natural channel design is highly desirable.
- Experience with specifying erosion & sediment control measures and construction observation highly desirable.
- Experience preparing plans and reports.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations required.
- GIS, ArcGIS, Auto CADD and graphic software experience a plus.
Certifications or registrations as mandated by profession. Professional registration/certification desired.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required. Knowledge of design, on-line reports and databases preferred. Knowledge and ability to use Deltek Financial and Project Management system is desired. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn