LOCATION: Puerto Rico
JOB POSTED: June 2020
Waggoner Resilience, a proven leader in providing an integrated approach to disaster recovery, has an immediate need for a highly qualified Engineer or Architect. The successful candidate will have experience in the development of federally funded construction projects within the last five (5) years and have held a license in Puerto Rico for the last ten (10) years.
- Assist the Project Manager’s team in performing pre-application evaluations to determine CDBG-DR program eligibility of projects presented by subrecipients.
- Perform risk assessment evaluations of pre-application projects eligible for CDBG-DR and prepare and provide reports to the Project Manager to present results and recommendations to PRDOH.
- Recommend projects for full development and review subrecipient’s work plans for development of projects.
- Prepare and implement a work plan for environmental review performance in coordination with Environmental Professional as soon as subrecipient’s projects reach enough level of development to identify project elements and activities to start the assessment as established in 24 CFR Part 58.
- Coordinate and perform a review of subrecipient’s construction documentation at 30 and 90% of development. The review must include CDBG-DR Special Conditions, scope agreement with Subrecipient Agreement, and cost estimates prepared by subrecipients.
- Prepare and communicate results report of projects review to PRDOH in coordination with Project Manager and Deputy Program Manager.
- Maintain awareness, knowledge, and applicability of the most recent federal, Commonwealth, and local construction codes that may apply to PRDOH’s CDBG-DR programs.
- Provide guidance and recommend actions to PRDOH and subrecipients to handle changes and risks associated with changes in policies, regulations, and construction codes applicable to PRDOH’s CDBG-DR programs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Program Management team, subrecipients, PRDOH, and other stakeholders as required by PRDOH.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher education in Engineering or Architecture.
- Must be a licensed Engineer or Architect for the last ten (10) years in Puerto Rico.
- Must have previous project experience in the development of federally funded construction projects within the last five (5) years.
- Must have fluent verbal and written communication skills.
Please indicate the salary requirement in your response.
Waggoner Resilience is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn