POSITION: Engineer in Training
LOCATION: Hernando, MS
JOB POSTED: March 2021
Are you ready to take the step in your career? At Waggoner, you will be part of a team that prides itself on delivering transformative projects that improve the quality of life in the communities.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Engineer in Training (EIT-Civil) to work in our Hernando, Mississippi office. You will provide quality planning, designing, and technical overview and assisting the Project Manager/Client Account Manager in delivering quality engineering services to our clients.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain document communication with clients through letters and telephone throughout the development and completion of a project.
- Monitor progress and advise team members of schedules and deadlines.
- Review schedules and budgets relative to project progress and completion.
- Conduct project status reviews, check the accuracy of work completed and monitor project completion timeliness.
- Attend meetings on project management.
- Assist the Project Managers with any administrative duties.
- Provide technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Provide project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, and AutoCAD.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
- Assist the Project Manager in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
- Perform necessary code research.
- Responsible for the accuracy of each segment and the final check of the work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in engineering and successfully passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required. Knowledge and ability to use Deltek Financial and Project Management system is required. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn