POSITION: GIS Analyst II
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: May 2019
Come join our highly skilled and diverse staff of engineering, program management, planning, economic development, and policy professionals, all committed to delivering engineering excellence and creative solutions to every project across the major disciplines.
Founded in 1976, Waggoner has become more than an engineering firm. Our solutions are developed through a culture of integrity, service, and creativity for the benefit of our clients.
We are seeking a hard-working, dedicated, enthusiastic individual with strong work-ethics and a desire to constantly learn more.
The selected candidate(s) will work independently with project team to create design drawings, layouts, reports, and GIS products to meet the project requirements. Should be knowledgeable in the Autodesk, Bentley, and ESRI software products.
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Develop and maintain databases, reports, and mapping
- GIS data reporting and presentation
- GIS data collection, retrieval, creation, organization, conversion, geoprocessing, editing, interpreting, and analysis
- Perform quality assurance of GIS data and associated graphic components
- Use concepts, practices and procedures to extract and provide GIS data to clients
- Lead project specific tasks while working closely with diverse team of managers, engineers, scientists, and other technical staff
- Maintain project schedule
- Maintain an effective and frequent line of communication amongst team members and clients
- Customize GIS development
- Seasonal attendance at regional meetings and/or conferences related to the position
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills and Ability to Work in a Team Environment
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office, email, and internet browser programs.
- Ability to understand and operate a GPS unit to collect data and import the data into the GIS software.
- Ability to excel in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and operates in a professional office environment routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copier/scanners.
This is a full-time position and work schedule is M-F 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. with occasional requirements to work night and/or weekends. Travel is not a requirement however, occasional travel may be necessary on a project-specific basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Geomatics, Watershed Science, or other related field with a strong emphasis in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Experience with ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and extensions, including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analysis. 4+ years’ related work experience. Strong understanding and experience with spatial data. Experience with workflow automation, model building, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of FEMA National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP); thorough knowledge of tasks and processes regarding creation of Risk MAP Regulatory DFIRM Mapping and Non-Regulatory (Risk MAP) Products
- Proficiency in managing web-based GIS applications
- Familiarity with GIS production environments
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experience in watershed modeling and delineating floodplains from engineering models
- Ability to track production efforts on multiple projects
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Good organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent time management skills
- Asset Management experience desired
- Basic AutoCAD skills
- Understanding and experience with cartographic principles
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn