POSITION: GIS Technician
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: February 2021
Waggoner understands geospatial data and how each of our clients relies on its availability and accuracy, whether governments that provide and maintain public infrastructure and services or businesses and industries that feed the economy and produce goods and services for public consumption.
We are looking for a GIS Technician in our Jackson, Mississippi office. The candidate will work to develop and maintain various GIS databases, prepare displays and other work products, and perform various GIS-related tasks in support of design and production efforts throughout the company.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Desktop and ESRI extensions, including ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS data processing and analysis
- Familiarity with basic survey practices and an understanding of coordinate geometry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have at minimum, a two-year technical or Associate’s degree in Geography, Cartography, GIS, or closely related field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A minimum of two years of experience working with ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions is required.
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn