POSITION: GIS Tecnician
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: September 2019
Waggoner understands geospatial data and how each of our clients relies on its availability and accuracy, whether governments that provide and maintain public infrastructure and services, or businesses and industries that feed the economy and produce goods and services for public consumption.
We are looking for a GIS Technician in our Jackson, Miss., office. Under limited supervision, you will work with a team to create, update and maintain various GIS databases; prepare presentation style maps and displays to support present and potential projects; and support design and production efforts throughout the company through provision of GIS related services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage operation of GIS equipment, software, data, and products.
- Create, maintain, and update GIS databases.
- Operate a workstation to update maps, perform data analysis, and develop figures and drawings to communicate project findings and recommendations.
- Produce engineering documents and related materials with minimal direction and supervision.
- Prepare and plan a variety of maps and drawings along with producing, maintaining and updating graphical representation data.
- Generate Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) from survey data and LiDar data.
- Coordinate work activities with other production discipline and engineering staff.
- Collaborate productively with multiple team members to achieve project objectives.
- Comprehensive proficiency in operation of ESRI ArcGis software
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Desktop and ESRI extensions, including ArcGIS Online and ArcGis Pro
- Basic knowledge of MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS data processing and analysis
- Working knowledge of basic survey practices and an understanding of coordinate geometry
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Sighted and ambulatory
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two‐year Technical or Associate Degree in Geography, Cartography, GIS or closely related field is required but a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum two years of related work experience, preferably working with ESRI Arc GIS software and applications. Must be able to work in an ArcGIS environment and be knowledgeable of the data production toolsets.
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn