POSITION: Project/Construction Engineer
LOCATION: New Orleans, LA
JOB POSTED: May 2019
Founded in 1976, Waggoner has become more than an engineering firm. Our solutions are developed through a culture of integrity, service, and creativity for the benefit of our clients.
Our highly skilled and diverse staff of program management, planning, economic development, and policy professionals are committed to delivering engineering excellence and creative solutions to every project across the major disciplines.
Waggoner is a great place to work and make a difference. Our work involves special professional skills such as planning, engineering, surveying, mapping, environmental science, economic development, project management and program management.
As Project/Construction Engineer, you will provide quality planning, designing and technical overview to assist Discipline Manager/Client Account Manager and/or Project Manager in delivering project, within budgetary and time constraints. You will provide administrative and technical support to the Discipline Manager/Client Account Manager. Additionally, provide resident construction observation when required and will have supervisor responsibilities for other Resident Project Representatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and document communication with clients through letters and telephone throughout the development and completion of a project.
- Monitor team members’ progress and advise team members of schedules and deadlines.
- Review schedules and budgets relative to project progress and completion.
- Conduct project status review checking accuracy of work completed and monitor timeliness of project completion.
- Attend project progress meetings as required.
- Maintain project file.
- Prepare engineering studies and reports.
- Provide technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Provide project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, and AutoCADD.
- Assist in preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
- Carry out quality assurance and quality control procedures in accordance with Project Work Plans.
- Assist in preparation of project drawings.
- Perform necessary code research and applies as necessary to specific project requirements.
- Interact with client representatives and contractor representative through construction administration phase.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to engineering staff.
Requires supervisor responsibilities of Resident Project Representative(s) as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as the field. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Field observation will be required on a regularbasis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Requires long hours and some weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Construction Management.
Six to seven years of related experience, four to five years of direct client interaction in designated market and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required, one to two years of supervisory/management experience required. Knowledge and/or experience of City of New Orleans and/or urban setting engineering preferred.
Certifications or registrations as mandated by profession. A Professional Engineer license preferred.
Other Knowledge and Skills
Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required. Knowledge of design, on-line reports and databases preferred. Knowledge and ability to use Deltek Financial and Project Management system is required. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn