POSITION: Project Engineer – Hydrology & Hyrdraulics
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: September 2019
Waggoner’s talented and experienced professionals conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analyses across the state and region to ensure that public and private infrastructure investments are designed in ways that integrate them into the natural environment and manage the water resources that exist so abundantly.
We are seeking applications from qualified individuals for an experienced Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Engineer to provide technical assistance to Discipline Manager and other members of design team in delivering projects within budgetary and time constraints.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs engineering analyses and evaluations (primarily computer-based) in support of the planning and design of civil works projects, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Bridge hydraulics
- Flood hazard mapping
- Hydrologic analysis
- Hydraulic modeling – multi-dimensional
- Scour analysis
- Coastal hydraulics
- Performs analysis and design of stormwater management facilities for roadway drainage, site drainage, retention/detention and other projects.
- Conducts assessment and evaluation of stormwater management conditions and develops recommended remedial measures.
- Maintains and documents written and verbal communications with clients throughout the development and completion of a project.
- Conducts project status review with project manager and team members, checking accuracy of work completed, and monitors timeliness of project completion.
- Attends meetings on project management.
- Assists Project Managers with administrative duties concerning completion of assigned projects, including review of schedules, scopes and budgets.
- Assists Project Manager in preparation of engineering studies and reports.
- Provides technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Prepares project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software and tools.
- Assists in preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
- Assists Project Manager in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
- Maintains responsibility for the accuracy of each segment of the work and the final check of the work.
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to applicable codes.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to engineering staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Sighted and ambulatory
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. Five to six years of related experience, three-four years project related experience and knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations required. One to two years coordination/supervisory experience preferred.
License as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Mississippi required. Licensure as a PE or ability to obtain such within six months in contiguous states is desired. Certifications applicable to civil engineering, hydrology and hydraulics desired (e.g. CPESC, CFM).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proficient in design using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Micro Station, ESRI products. Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required. Knowledge of design, on-line reports and databases preferred. Knowledge and ability to use (or learn) Deltek Financial and Project Management system is required. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn