POSITION: Project Manager | Client Account Manager
LOCATION: Hernando, MS
JOB POSTED: August 2020
Waggoner Engineering, Inc. has a great career opportunity for an experienced Project Manager in our Hernando, MS office. The successful candidate will effectively manage all phases of project delivery including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing. Project sizes are up to $1 million in gross revenue.
The following are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
1. Communicating Projects Effectively
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; writes clearly and informative.
- Listens with genuine interest, encourages discussion; does not monopolize conversations.
- Provides timely and effective communications with team members regarding project status and expectations.
- Accepts diversity of opinions; unafraid to let people speak their minds; solicits different views.
2. Managing and Delivering High-Quality Work
- Is solution-oriented; strives to solve problems vs. placing blame.
- Anticipates problems and opportunities.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities with minimal supervision.
- Ensures that the project team produces high-quality work products and deliverables.
- Follows internal quality control and risk mitigation protocols.
- Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process and knows when to reach out for help from other
3. Demonstrating Leadership
- Teaches, mentors, and encourages growth among project team members.
- Displays a positive attitude; enthusiastic.
- Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Handles pressure and multiple demands.
- Is trustworthy and can be counted on to follow through.
- Motivates others to perform well and provides recognition for achieving individual and team goals.
- Decisions balance the company’s profitability, employees, and client needs.
4. Managing and Controlling Costs
- Understands financial management concepts and uses the right tools to manage budgets.
- Effectively prepares and monitors scopes and fees for new or additional work with appropriate staffing, rates
or billing structure, target multiplier, and profitability.
- Uses technology to increase productivity and profitability.
- Takes care of invoicing, scheduling, collections, and other PM duties in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Managing Project Resources
- Plans and executes project effectively and efficiently using appropriate tools such as project management
plans, kickoff meetings, resource planning, schedules, and periodic team project meetings.
- Delegates work assignments appropriately and use leverage in staffing projects.
- Includes team members in planning.
- Sets expectations, provide direction, and monitors delegated activities.
- Develops achievable and detailed schedules and works with the project team to adhere to schedules and
- Works well managing virtual teams and willingly works with the appropriate resources regardless of location.
- Provides clear performance expectations and consistent, timely, and quality feedback.
- Coordinate with the project team for additional resources when needed and uses appropriate leverage.
6. Managing Client Relationships
- Effectively identifies out-of-scope items and eliminates “scope creep” and/or secures amendments/change
orders for additional services.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with client and project stakeholders to keep the project on budget and
- Works closely with clients, CAMs, and others to identify new or add-on project opportunities.
- Meets or exceeds client and stakeholder schedules and deadlines.\
7. Developing Plans
- Clearly defines goals and the actions required to accomplish them.
- Considers possible changes, constraints, or other obstacles that might impact plans.
- Accurately estimate the time and resources need to accomplish tasks.
8. Establishes Relationships
- Able to relate to all kinds of people regardless of background.
- Finds topics and common interests that he/she can use to build rapport with others.
9. Leveraging Opportunities
- Scans the environment for opportunities to grow the business or accelerate performance.
- Encourages people to exploit chances to drive the business forward.
10. Negotiating Agreements
- Effectively leverages negotiating strategies and tactics to reach mutually agreeable solutions.
- Focuses on “win-win” solutions.
- Outline requirements, contingencies, and timetables that help drive discussions toward completion.
11. Serving Clients
- Builds strong relationships with clients.
- Stays aware of client needs, concerns, and satisfaction.
- Responds promptly to client questions and requests.
- Effectively manages client expectations.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, although all team members working on a specific project will report to the PM for this project. The PM is expected to provide feedback to the Discipline Manager on the performance of each of the team members.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Architecture, or related technical field or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Business degree preferred.
Six to seven years of related experience, three-four years project related experience, and knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations required. One to two years of coordination/supervisory experience preferred. Four to five years of direct client interaction in designated market and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required, one to two years of supervisory/management experience required.
Certifications or registrations as mandated by profession. Must complete Waggoner’s project manager qualification card and certification within a year of employment. For new hires being brought into a PM position, the PM will be given Provisional status with up to one year to complete certification. Once certification is completed, the status will be changed from Provisional to Qualified. Professional registration/certification desired.
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required. Knowledge of design, on-line reports, and databases preferred. Knowledge and ability to use Deltek Financial and Project Management system is required. Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- On-Site Gym
Waggoner Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn