Cities and counties can find themselves balancing the competing interests of promoting quality of life, economic viability, and environmental responsibility. This challenge is nowhere more pronounced than with the management of stormwater and drainage infrastructure. The complexities and unique attributes of Mississippi’s abundant natural environments make solving this challenge even more compelling, given potential impacts of stormwater to human life and property, as well the fragile ecosystems and habitats that exist within our streams and coastline.
That is why Waggoner has a dedicated group of professionals focused on applying the principles of integrated watershed planning and management to the needs of our clients, whether located in the interior areas of our state or in the coastal zone. It really is about more than culverts and storm drains.
- Watershed-Based Planning and Implementation
- Integrated Stormwater Management
- Watershed Modeling
- Coastal protection, restoration, and flood protection
- Coastal Zone Program Management
- Feasibility studies
- Environmental Assessments
- LEED/Envision/Low Impact Development
- Green Infrastructure
- Stormwater infrastructure design and construction
- Stormwater management plans
- Training, education, and outreach