POSITION: Sr. Project Engineer – Roadway Design Manager
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: August 2020
If you are ready to work and have at least ten years of technical production experience of civil works projects, we have an opportunity for you.
Waggoner Engineering is a civil engineering firm with a passion for helping communities realize their potential. We have expanded throughout the Mid-South and are recognized today for our innovative, multi-disciplinary services.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Project Engineer – Roadway Design Manager. The successful candidate(s) will provide quality planning, design, and technical assistance to the Discipline Manager and other members of the design team in delivering projects within budgetary and time constraints.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The following are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Performs engineering analysis and design (2D and 3D) for roadways, intersections, and related infrastructure, including new construction and rehabilitation.
- Performs design of pavement structures based on data resulting from geotechnical investigations.
- Understands principles of urban transportation planning, including traffic forecasting and analysis, land use planning, and zoning.
- Understands and applies principles of traffic signalization to design of roadway and intersection improvements.
- Performs analysis and design of stormwater management facilities for roadway drainage.
- Prepares construction plans, specifications, and contract documents for contracting and bidding of construction projects.
- Performs construction phase engineering, including periodic on-site reviews, in collaboration with the Construction Services team.
- Maintains and documents written and verbal communications with clients throughout the development and completion of a project.
- Conducts project status review with the project manager and team members, checking the accuracy of work completed, and monitors timeliness of project completion.
- Assists Project Manager in preparation of engineering studies and reports.
- Provides technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Prepares project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, and tools.
- Assists Project Manager in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
- Maintains responsibility for the accuracy of each segment of the work and the final check of the work.
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to applicable codes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years post-licensure experience in technical production of civil works projects, including direct experience in the planning and execution of roadway and related projects.
- Minimum of five years of experience in planning, design, and construction administration of projects in compliance with MDOT and, particularly, LPA standards and practices.
- One to two years of coordination/supervisory experience.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Mississippi.
- Licensure or ability to obtain licensure as a PE in other states where Waggoner practices, within a reasonable timeframe.
- Certifications applicable to civil engineering, transportation, and roadway design and inspection, including LPA project administration and traffic safety.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility for staff within this discipline area.
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of engineering and the implementation of public works infrastructure projects, particularly related to roadway and transportation.
- Proficiency in design using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, Bentley (Geopak and Inroads), and other DOT approved software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- On-Site Gym
Waggoner Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn