POSITION: Senior Project Engineer – Water & Wastewater – Consent Decree
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: April 2021
Come join our highly skilled and diverse staff of engineering, program management, planning, economic development, and policy professionals, all committed to delivering engineering excellence and creative solutions to every project across the major disciplines.
Founded in 1976, Waggoner has become more than an engineering firm. Our solutions are developed through a culture of integrity, service, and creativity for the benefit of our clients.
Waggoner Engineering is seeking a qualified Project Engineer to join our Jackson, MS team to provide quality planning, design, and technical assistance to the Discipline Manager and other members of the
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to those listed hereafter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs engineering analyses and evaluations (primarily computer-based) in support of the planning and design of civil works projects, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Water distribution system and sanitary sewer collection system hydraulic modeling;
- Pump station modeling and analysis for well pumps, sewer system lift stations, and transmission pumping stations;
- Analysis and evaluation of treatment options for potable water and wastewater plants;
- Thorough understanding of applicable Federal (EPA) and State (MDEQ, MSDH) requirements for laboratory compliance and physical infrastructure requirements for water and wastewater treatment and conveyance systems;
- Professional Progress Report Summary documentation of lead writer, supported by technical documentation of substantiated Program/Project activities, as required in Water and/or Wastewater Consent Decree agreements;
- Analysis and evaluation of water and sewer rate structures; and
- Planning, assessments, and recommendations related to the need for public water and wastewater facilities.
- Performs analysis and design of water distribution systems; water supply and treatment components; sanitary sewer systems and components; transmission, treatment, and disposal systems; POTWs, and other projects.
- Conducts assessment and evaluation of existing system conditions and develops recommended remedial measures.
- Maintains and documents written and verbal communications with clients throughout the development and completion of a project.
- Conducts project status review with project manager and team members, checking the accuracy of work completed, and monitors timeliness of project completion.
- Assists other Program/Project Managers with administrative duties concerning the completion of assigned projects, including review of schedules, scopes, and budgets.
- Prepares professionally written engineering studies and reports.
- Provides technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Prepares project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, and tools.
- Prepares contract documents and technical specifications with attention to details per Clients’ request and team members’ input.
- Adheres to WEI quality assurance and control procedures and assists other members of the project team in doing so.
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to applicable codes.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however, it requires adaptability and collaboration to work in large, long term Program/Project teams; ability to conscientiously listen to team members and Client organization representatives; formulation of the proposed approach(es) to an issue based on input received and having the Client’s best interest in mind; the confidence of projecting a communication style that is clear, persuasive, succinct and addresses the organizational level(s) of the audience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Mississippi.
- Licensure or ability to obtain licensure as a PE in other states where Waggoner practices within a reasonable timeframe.
- Certifications applicable to civil engineering, water, and/or wastewater plant operations desired.
A minimum of 10 years of design and lead project management experience in water and wastewater systems analyses and infrastructure rehabilitation is required.
Thorough knowledge and experience applying State and Federal regulations to both water and wastewater treatment and conveyance infrastructure.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of engineering and the implementation of public works infrastructure projects.
- Proficiency in software commonly used in engineering analysis and design, such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Micro Station, and/or ESRI products.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn