POSITION: Technical Architect
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: November 2020
Waggoner Engineer, Inc. is seeking a full-time Technical Architect for our corporate office in Jackson, MS. The main objective of this role to ensure technologies EGIS, EAM, Analytics, and Cloud are properly implemented and fully utilized to ensure excellence in delivery and meeting the best interests of our customers.
The following are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Establish solution architecture standards for custom and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf applications to support the asset management ecosystem for water, wastewater, watershed management, stormwater, transportation underpinned by EAM, APM, AIP, GIS, ERP, Mobility, sensor devices (I&C, SCADA, IoT, Telemetry). Develop and own the
end-to-end technology roadmap for EGIS, EAM, CIS, IoT, Advanced data analytics, AI/ML.
- Maintain a depth of knowledge of applicable business processes, standards, products, and frameworks in the energy and utilities space.
- Provide Architecture Leadership on moving apps and workloads from in-premise to the clouds (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, CaaS). Provide hands-on solutions with Azure or AWS cloud architecture.
- Advise on the selection of key enterprise tools (e.g. data source, IOT, sensors, scheduling, graphic design, analytics, mobility).
- Support expansion activities such as preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals.
- Provide application development and programming support to users of Deltek or other current business platforms, within Waggoner’s internal business operations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical people. Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
- Deep understanding of infrastructure components and design including data replication and high availability.
- Architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT-GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and cloud).
- Platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability.
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Professional excellence in technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, and deployment.
- Develop, train, and mentor Jr. technical staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
B.S. or B.A. Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Land Use Planning, or directly related discipline with 10+ years of experience in leading large enterprise system architecture (EGIS, EAM, ERP, CIS, IoT).
- 5- to 10 years’ Experience in developing enterprise architecture in the utilities; either electric, gas, or water, wastewater, stormwater, or watershed management.
- 5- to 10 years’ Experience with asset management products and solutions, including City works, Infor, and Maximo (optional).
- 5- to 10 years’ Experience in developing architecture patterns with both custom and COTS applications; Understand limitations and advantages of cloud environment.
- 5- to 10 years’ Experience designing EAM solution architectures for local and state government.
- Have significant experience with the Esri suite of software, including: Desktop: ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder, Ops Dashboard. Apps: Collector for ArcGIS, Arc GIS Data reviewer, Load Balancer, Webservices, API calls.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented architectures and cloud hybrid configurations.
- Experience with Oracle; Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL; and/or other RDBMS and Windows, Linux, and/or other server environments.
- Experience in creating, publishing, and managing map services.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- On-Site Gym
Waggoner Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn