POSITION: Watershed Planner/Water Resource Engineer
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
JOB POSTED: September 2019
The Watershed Planner will assist with all phases of project delivery including the development and implementation of innovative engineering and science-based administrative, managerial, and technical services desgined to exceed our client’s expectations. Additionally, assists in the facilitation and continued growth of the discipline.
The following are essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assists in the development of technical scope of work, budget, and schedule associated with the projects in this discipline.
- Assists in the development of watershed-based protection and restoration plans to characterize, quantify, prioritize, and implement water resource projects.
- Assists in performing hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality modeling.
- Assists in development of strategies for watershed operations to meet water resource goals and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conducts site assessments to ascertain drainage/dredging and/or environmental damage and restoration needs.
- Maintains and documents communication with clients through letters and telephone throughout the development and implementation of a project.
- Monitors team member’s progress and advises team members of schedules and deadlines.
- Reviews schedules and budgets relative to project progress and completion.
- Conducts project status review checking accuracy of work completed and monitors timeliness of project completion.
- Attends meetings on project management.
- Assists with any administrative duties concerning completion of assigned project.
- Maintains project file.
- Assists in preparation of studies and reports.
- Provides technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
- Provides project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, ArcGIS information management, and Auto CADD.
- Assists in preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
- Assists in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
- Assists in preparation of project drawings.
- Performs necessary code research.
- Responsible for the accuracy of each segment of the work and the final check of the work.
- Responsible for adherence to all applicable codes.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to project team members.
- Handles client technical questions and complaints politely and efficiently and maintains pleasant and professional image.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in water resources or civil/envoronmental engineering, watershed planning, environmental science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional water resources engineering related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in stormwater management, watershed-based planning, coastal restoration, modeling analysis and design; stormwater BMPs design, including green infrastructure and LID; stream and wetland restoration; and hydrological and hydraulic analysis including channel design, floodplain analysis, and scour analysis.
- Experience in hydraulic, hydrologic and water quality modeling; training and experience in geomorphology/natural channel design is highly desirable.
- Experience with specifying erosion & sediment control measures and construction observation highly desirable.
- Experience preparing plans and reports.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations required.
- GIS, ArcGIS, Auto CADD and graphic software experience a plus.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send your resume to Tracy Osborn